Live Streaming – An Overview
Streaming a live video in 2022 has become a priority for businesses to stay connected to their audiences. In addition to this, live streaming is the option for streaming events virtually or for official purposes like staying in touch with the employees who work remotely.
Gone are the days when one can come live over only social media platforms as, with time, it has widened its horizons. If you want to add a professional spark while you go live, find some live streaming equipment that may enhance the quality and procedure of streaming live in every way.
Are you planning to practice full-fledged regular live streaming to connect to your audiences? We have got you covered on this!
Why Live Streaming?
Live streaming videos are very impactful at service promotions, live announcements, and much more. However, you must have proper live streaming equipment. Some advantages of live streaming equipment:
- Greater audience potential
- High-quality stream
- Hassle-free set up
- Analytics tracking
- Distraction-free streaming
If you want to build the best live streaming videos, you have to have live streaming equipment and sound knowledge.
Let’s talk about the A-Z equipment guide to make your live streaming session a professional one.
Here is the equipment list to make your live streaming astounding:
a) Equipment for mobile live streaming:
Mobile live streaming setup is different from camera setup. It’s easier and doesn’t need too much equipment.
- Digital tools – RTMP-enabled video hosting platform and mobile streaming app
- Physical equipment –
- On camera microphone
- Video switcher
- Handheld smartphone gimbal
- Portable lighting gear (like a ring light)
- Octopus tripod with ball head
b) Equipment for Video Camera live streaming:
- Video Camera– This is the first thing you require for professional live broadcasting. You can choose among these options –
- Entry Level camera – It requires no manual control and basic connectivity. This camera comes at a negotiable price.
- Prosumer camera – A mid-range option with good picture quality and some manual controls
- Professional camera – A professional camera is the best option as it has connectors like SDI and XLR. Excellent image quality with all required manual controls. It makes live streaming easier.
- Audio Equipment– Of Course! the audience wants a better audio quality anyway. You must invest in good audio equipment like:
- Medium range – A mid-range audio like the built-in microphone itself or prosumer cameras is suitable for people who have recently started live streaming.
- High-quality range – USB and 3.5 mm microphones fall into this category. It’s a good-to-go option.
- Professional range – This is the most recommended audio quality. The XLR microphones are the best ones.
- Mixing Equipment– You need this if you want to capture multiple videos or audios at one moment and switch in between as required. Mixing equipment is generally required for large multi-camera live streaming. Remember that good mixing equipment has – perfect physical size, inputs and outputs, automation and connectivity, and on-board processing.
- Encoders– Encoders compiles images into a fluid kind of video format. Encoders also make a video compatible with the software and change audio/video quality. There are two types of encoders:
- Hardware encoders – These portable boxes are primarily small processors that use algorithms to encode. They support HDMI and SDI.
- Software encoders – Running on a computing device, software encoders are paired with captured cards to capture video.
- Video Streaming Accessories – You need accessories to support your live streaming videos. Live streaming accessories can add that proficient element into your video. Below listed are the basic ones that you need –
- Tripod – You don’t want your video to be shaky. Right? It happens to be a distraction for the audience. Having a tripod is an option to cut this issue off.
Lighting gear – A lighting gear adds brightness to the videos that enhance the natural lighting. It is the most basic and essential live streaming equipment.
- Cables– You need cable support while your video goes live.
- Batteries – Live streaming can go for hours, and therefore you need a good backup for batteries. For avoiding situations like miserable dead battery life, you require batteries with longer life.
- Content Delivery Networks – Using CDN is a professional way to deliver content to your audiences effectively. CDN comprises servers and networks that help connect to a broader distributed network of live streaming servers.
- Speed – Speed quality gets enhanced
- Quality – Lag time goes zero, and the video quality becomes fantastic, exactly what your audience wants.
- Security – CDN comes with the advantage of adding a security factor and surety that the confidential information will remain safe.
A proper set of live streaming equipment has become a must in 2022. It is considered the best method to connect to audiences because of its best audio/video quality, zero lag time, static analysis, and much more.
Now that you know what you need to rock a live stream, you are required to consider each piece of essential equipment, bring all of it on board, and make it happen professionally. Having the right equipment and devices is all you need to make the most out of your live streaming purpose.